J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a question...I was just wondering if any of you have heard of Orion audio products. Are they any good? I just bought a 10" sub for like $40. I think i've heard good things about them, but I can't remember. I've been outta the audio scene for a year or so ever since my system got stolen and i can't recall orion...so any input about it would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
well the way i always see things it aint on how much you spend or what brand name it is. it all has to deal with how good it sounds in your car. ive never tried anything with orion or pyramid because i just didnt like the quality of the parts they used but it might sound good. try it out is the best bet. besides $40 is nothing to cry about if it doesnt sound like u want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...I'm pretty sure Orion isn't as bad of a brand as pyramid. If i remember correctly, my brother used to have a cobolt orion amp in his trans am that cost about $1000...and it was a competition amp and it pounded with his 2 12" Jw6s(JL audio)....so i know their amps are good stuff....but I dunno about their subs...

·
Registered
129 Posts
like i said all depends on how it sounds in your car. i suggest trying it out besides asking if its any good or not. takes maybe 30mins to do. so try it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
your better off spending more money now then later. your better off going with JL subs and an JL or pheonix gold amp. i have one JL 10 in a factory JL box. it sounds awesome. JL is the definate way to go. i spent $150 on the setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYO, Orion is one of the leaders in Car Audio. They make excellent equptment, some of the best int he industry. Thier amps take a beating and keep on going, and put out way more than there rated power without a wimper.

Pyramid isn't even int he same league, let alone planet as Orion.

You guys need to get out more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i havent heard much about orion but i have seen them in some high priced installs, so i would have to agree with you on the orion stuff and also that pyrimad just sucks. but i have to admit that i am a JL guy.

G

·
I had an Orion HCCA 225 (before it was stolen) and drove 2 15"s. It was simply a superb amp. I would either choose Orion or Phoenix Gold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts