Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
when putting my CAI together for my 94 cav, where do I relocate the O2 sensor?? I know it's currently attached in the stock airbox, what do i do with it after i take the air box out. (This is the part that has the two wires leading out of the airbox)

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The sensor you are refering to is the IAT sensor, not the O2. The O2 is located on the rear exhaust manifold and measures how rich/lean the exhaust gases are. Have you read my intake how-to? You can either drill a hole in the new piping to plug it into, or you can attach it to anything nearby, or you can run a longer wire and mount it somewhere that cool air will get to it and trick the computer into dumping more fuel, since it will think the air is cooler...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Is your IAT sensor inside the red tube that's mounted into the top of the engine??

Because Stock, my airbox has the IAT sensor, then I also have a connection from the S-tube into the engine...

I did read your how-to but I'm still seeking a little clarification.

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay,

I just REALLY read your how-to, and I get it now, sorry bout the blindness..

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just ran my IAT sensor beside the radiator and used some electrical tape to keep it in place. It's beside and in front of the radiator, so it doesn't really pick up on the radiator air, more of the cooler flowing air just coming in. It's still a safe area, no element exposure, and I didn't even have to cut & crimp for a longer wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.