J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that i am going to change my red badges all to yellow here soon. I will also change the color of the "Z" on the logo to something darker. What is the EASIEST way to paint the badges and still keep the black background. It is really hard to tape in between all the letter on the logos. Also, what color should i use on the "Z" in Z24? I was thinking green or blue. Thanks for the help.
Z24Dogg

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
You could buy some liquid masking stuff. Think they have it at art stores. You brush it on, then when it dries, it can be peeled off. So just paint this all over the badge, then use a sanding block to remove all the mask from the face of the badge. Since the colored part of the badge is raised, only the mask on this part will be removed. Now you can paint it. Then peel off the mask, and the front of the badge should be painted perfectly with the black border remaining. I think this should work anyway, but I have never tried it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of paint should i use? just any old spray paint? I have some extra high temp engine paint laying around, would that work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.