J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if it would be advisable to paint the front and rear bumpers on my 93 cav. I realize that a special bonding primer may be needed to help the paint adhere to them. I would like to match up the color to the rest of the car (btw... what's the sure-fire way of finding out the exact color of your car?) I also want to accent the interior with the same color.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I looked up my Cars colour at Canadian Tire. Any Automotive store that sells GM colour match paint will be able to help with the exact colour. I thought mine was Metalic Burgandy, till I found out it was Autum Maple.

try that out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I have a factory paint introduced in 93 and if you check the books at the auto store they don't have it. Your best bet is to look in the book and find out the possible spots where the paint code is in the car. Mine is a wagon so it was on the spare tire cover, but yours might be somewhere else. Find the number and if the paint match company sells the color than your in luck, otherwise its off to the dealer and ask them for the name of your paint color. Best of luck if you haven't found out your car color yet.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
There should be a sticker on the inside of your trunk lid, and/or the outside edge of the drivers side door with all the codes, including the paint code, on it.

Your bumper is slightly textured, right? I am not sure how well paint would adhere, and how it would look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts