J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know anything about painting the entire interior of a '90 cav? I know there's Moon's howto for painting the dash, but I'm looking to do everything (doors, dash, top of the dash, everything). I don't know if I'm actually gonna do it (I want to see how to blue interior looks with a black exterior...getting it painted black soon), but has anyone done it or have pictures?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, I have seen the whole interior of a 3rd gen painted. If you go to j-body.org you can check out the appearance forums and see what people have done to their interior. I don't think it would be too hard to do anyway if you want to? Oh well, if you do have fun, be patient, and be sure to show us pictures of it when it is done. If you have any more questions ask? Someone will be sure to help you out. Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
well im taking my car to the guy who painted my car and he's dyeing the plastic/vinyl for it. he says go ask a paint shop where and what you could do.. thats my advise

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'll definitely get pictures when I'm done with everything...though unfortunately it may not be for a while (school starts in a week and a half). A couple more questions: 1) is there any specific dye I should use on the fuzzy doors ('90 z24)? 2) Is it possible to paint my wheels, or is that not a good idea? I'm guessing it's not a good idea, but I thought there might be some special really-resistant wheel paint.

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
like i said check with the painters for the interior. and hell ya you can paint your rims look at my profile. the pic's of the car.i painted mine the same colour as the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts