J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the part number for the speedo gear that would be used in an '88 z24 5-speed?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
no but i think i have one laying around in my tool box at work. if its the same as the '88, which im pretty sure it is. i have a '91 speedo reluctor ring, due to my car is a 92 so i had to swap a 92 reluctor into my new trans.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'll have to dig it up for you tomorrow. '88 5spd speedo gear is longer than an '89-91 as the speedo cable end goes right into the hole in the gear and spins directly with it unlike the '89-91 Cavy 5spd gear as it slides onto the end of the shaft of the VSS as the '88 does not have a tranny mounted VSS while the '89-91 does (two wire connector). Actually I have an '88 5spd z24 gear if you want.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ginobeats said:
I'll have to dig it up for you tomorrow. '88 5spd speedo gear is longer than an '89-91 as the speedo cable end goes right into the hole in the gear and spins directly with it unlike the '89-91 Cavy 5spd gear as it slides onto the end of the shaft of the VSS as the '88 does not have a tranny mounted VSS while the '89-91 does (two wire connector). Actually I have an '88 5spd z24 gear if you want.
ya, that would be great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.