J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the thing i bought a stage 3 racing clutch and i put it in with the help of my uncle and everything went smooth and now the question is does anybody have a performance clutch and if you do does your clutch pick up ontop or off the floor because mine is picking up wicked high and would takin the slave cylinder off the tranny have any effect at all on the way the clutch should be grabbing and is there anyway to adjust this. Thanx Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i thought so but i heard it from another person that it's probably supposed to do that because everytime i switch gears i only push down jus a 1/4 or so and i can chage gears with no problem so maybe it is supposed to do that

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
Yes, the higher stage clutches have higher release points for faster shifting. Less clutch travel means faster overall gear changes. :)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
yeah its a great clutch. Some people have had problems with it hitting their bellhousings, but others (like me) have not had any issues with it. For the price, it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
wasas9 said:
yeah its a great clutch. Some people have had problems with it hitting their bellhousings, but others (like me) have not had any issues with it. For the price, it's worth every penny.
x2 when i had my car. it was a great clutch

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
no idea what kind of clutch i got in mine but i kno it's performance an ya don't gotta push it far either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.