J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am currently looking at a red 1994 Cavalier Z24 with 70xxx miles on it, and I was wondering what the 0-60 time would be, 1/4 mile, and at what speed does it cut out? also, could it beat a 94 crown vic? thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend does lol, I know a crown vic may seem like an old person car , but damn, that bitch has nuts (of course a V8 helps)!! from 60 up we have been able to lose (or pass) anyone without much of a problem (so far) so he is anxious to see what the Z24 can do....

[ This Message was edited by: gregl_85 on 2001-11-14 20:54 ]

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I'm not sure how fast a '94 Z24 does the 1/4 mile, or the 0-60 time since I don't race mine, but I do know that the top speed is 180 km/h (about 112.5 mph) and there is a cut off, it could go faster if it wasn't for that. You souldn't have trouble beating a '94 crown vic since it weighs like 1100 pounds more than a Z24. I know that the 4.6 L V8s they have make 190 hp (50 more than the 3.1 in the Z24) but with that kind of weight you'd take him no problem. The Z24's power to weight ratio is better than the crown vic's.

[ This Message was edited by: gunman on 2001-11-15 15:09 ]

·
Registered
67 Posts
LOL, my friend and his dad both drive crown vics, my friends car is old and it's a boat so it's slow, but his dads' crown vic is new, and it has a police package in it so the thing pretty much screws, we drive into boston with it racing people on the highway, and if ya piss us off we might even throw the police lights on )

peace

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Those times would be for the 5 speed. Add about .5 sec for an auto

Stock 0-60 would be around 8-9 seconds, depending on the tranny, driver, and condition of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, I went thru the trouble to log on here to clear a misconception and help you guys out.
I have a '99 LX HPP Crown Victoria. With me in it, it weighs in at 4200lbs ish depending on how much gas is in it, and wether or not the speakers (2 15's) are in the trunk.
Now, to the point. My car bone stock will run mid 15's. If you see a Vic or Merq with dual exaust, from 98-00 it has 215 hp but what really counts is the torque. It will have 275 ft.lbs of torque. If its single exaust then yes, you have a chance of winning depending on what you've done. Any Vic or Merq from '01 and up has the PI (Performance Improved) heads, just like from 99+ Mustang GT's. These cars are making 235 hp with duals, and 285 ft.lbs. Thats the engine diffrence. Then there is gearing. My car has 3.27 open rear (not for long, 3.55 locker is coming), BUT a lot of these cars came with 3.55 lockers. So, be careful when you come up against the old man car (i'm 17), cause it could very easily whip your ass.
I'm not trying to start any fights or any shit like that. I'm just trying to inform you as to what Vics can do, so you and me can both save our gas and tires when we meet at a stoplight 'cause we'll both know i'll win. :) Merry Crimmus everybody.

Colin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I second Colin84 here.

I own a 2001 Crown Victoria(duals, 3.27s), and a 1994 Grand Marquis(with 3.73s and a posi)...both of which would annihilate a z24.

I noticed some people on the boards here thought they could beat 300zx's, Supercharged Neons, "97 5.0 Mustangs", etc, etc, etc...

I guarentee those people werent trying...

Anyways, sorry bout the mini-flames, to each his own :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
lol...i havent seen a crown vic race ever!!......that would be funny :lol: .....but ya know what...it would lose to a well mod z24 any day. I dont care what the specs say, that thing is a heavy box and its up against a light car thats got ballz...

P.S. bladefire i agree with you that those cars may beat a Z,but, those cars also could screw up shifting and the Z shifted better and faster, thats still a race and the Z won..
it dont matter how you win,- you win, you win, end of story

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes you are right that a Vic will lose to a WELL MODDED Z24. I never otherwise. I said that my car stock will beat your car lightly modded. Now on the other hand, my car well modded has the potential for a streetable engine pumping over 350hp if done right. All cars can be WELL MODDED to kick ass, its just a question of doing it. I'm not trying to bash anybody, or any cars. Its your car, be proud of it and do what you want. Just as I don't want you telling me my car sucks cause its big a comfy, i'm not going to say anyhting negative about your car just for spite. I do like the looks of the Z24s but they are just too small for me.
Merry Christmas guys, don't forget your car desearves presents too!!

Colin

·
Registered
346 Posts
yea i hope you didnt take any offence to any of this, i m sorry if i did, but hey if ure ever in the area lets thest this theory and have a race..

l8terz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Offence? None taken. You capitalized on something that I missed. Good Job! I'm just glad that we were both able to realize that work a little work each of our cars will excel. And yes, if i'm ever up there i'll post a message here before I go. If you ever come down here send me an email. Its in my profile I think. If not you can find me at www.crownvic.net www.crownvic.org or www.blueovalnews.com go to forums, the CV/Merq.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
If you're gonna compare 2 cars and say wich one is faster, don't compare a brand new crown vic to a 10 year old Z24. dallion's comparison speaks the truth. And for those of you who can't remember, this was all started by a question about a 94 Z24 vs a 94 crown vic. The Z24 would be the winner between the two. If you don't wanna believe me or dallion, all you need to know is here:

<LINK_TEXT text="http://webcenter.carguides.netscape.com ... 2,13054879">http://webcenter.carguides.netscape.com/at/ucars/UsedCars_compare.jsp?Ids=13054832,13054879</LINK_TEXT>

(you gotta add the ,13054897 at the end)

If you all wanna start talking about all the HP and torque you get from your big ford V8, stop for a second and look at the weight of your car. The Z24 has a better power to weight ratio, and a better torque to weight ratio than the crown vic. And considering the numbers dallion posted in his previous post, please explain to me how the crown vic is a faster car.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Most of us Z24 drivers are modest people who know what our cars can and cannot do. These crown vic people on the other hand, think their cars are the fastest shit on the road. I had no problem with these old guys until I read this thread on their messageboard:

<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.crownvic.net/ubb/ultimatebb. ... 3&t=003421">http://www.crownvic.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003421</LINK_TEXT>

They say there's "major haters" on the v6z24.com boards...gimme a break, you old ford guys started all the shit and insults here.

They seem pretty immature for old people, calling our cars "teenage girl cars" , insulting the hell out of them because they're "piece of shit chevys" and laughing at moonwell's floormats...man you can say what you want about being able to disrespect us because we're younger than you, I think it's obvious who is more mature here...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yea and this is a Z24 website....if you look at their profiles it shows that they pretty much dont own a Cavalier if you look at their registry. Z24 is the best

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
man, that have problems, I would have registered, and said something but I don't wan't my name on a Crown Vic's website :lol: I used to goto school with a guy who drove a Crown Vic (like 1985 or something like that) really old, i don;t know the year, it was a POS (cause the year of course) he recently bought a 98 one, I haven;t talked to him since but my brother says it's still a POS, my brother had a 2.8L beretta 5spd and kicked his ass (bone stock beretta GT)
pretty sad if they all have V8's in them...

My cousin is good friends with him, and he's moving back to town this month, i'll get him to race me then, i'll set the story straight.

Oh i forgot this guy is like 18-19 now and he bought it from his parents (nuff said there)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
there is one question that i cant get outta my head....why have a crown vic and go around braggin about it. Its a car for the cops and the "slower" drivers. Why do they start going to a z24 page and even have the guts to say that they can beat a z24

a z24 stock will beat the Crown Dick wit mods any day

and also- that stuff there linking to is moons stuff.......i think shits gonna hit the fan

l8terz
*OBJECTS IN MIRROR IS A CROWN VIC (boxcar) LOSING*

1 - 20 of 68 Posts