J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

phase I and II carbon fiber hoods and trunks

1K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  quiksilver_182 
#1 ·
OK, so here goes, I have a hookup at JSP America and they design, produce and sell various spoilers, body kits, hoods, and trunks. After speaking with her about our cars we may be able to have carbon fiber trunks and hoods made for phase I and II cavaliers/sunbirds. What I need are letters of intent/interest. We need 100 letters of interest with a minimum of 20 deposits to have these made. The deposit will not be collected by me or handled by me in anyway as to dissolve any problems immediately. I need to collect the letters of intent and JSP would need the deposit to have the molds made. The people that would put down a deposit would receive a discount on their items.
I don't want anyone to think this is a scam or some other BS, so I only need letters of interest/intent, not any money from anyone. A letter mailed to me would only cost you 0.37 and there is absolutely no obligations to purchase after they are manufactured.
The deposits would be handled by Michelle Moore at JSP's corporate office in Tonawanda NY. The deposits would be non refundable unless the hoods/trunks are not made.
I am supplying the Z-24 hood and trunk to make the molds out of and putting my own $$ up for my deposit.
Deposit orders would be 20% of approximately $463.96 = $92.79 deposit for the hoods and 20% of approximately $375.96 = $75.19 for the trunks. These prices are approximate and may vary slightly, but they are based off of the other carbon fiber trunks and hoods that they make. These prices are only good for pre-orders and will increase to $521.96 for the hoods and $422.96 for the trunks. After 20 deposits for either trunks or hoods are received(20 each for trunk and hood)the molds will be made and these will start to be produced. I was told that it will take about 8-12 weeks from when all 20 deposits are made to the time they will be ready for shipment.
I can be contacted at hittin160s@hotmail.com for email, (716)282-5560 at my shop from 10-5 EST Mon-Sat, or mail letters of interest to
Aaron Yuen
c/o Underground Autosound
2101 Pine Ave.
Niagara Falls, NY 14301
Letters of interest must include your name, address, number, and year and model of car.
Michelle at JSP can be contacted at sales@jspamerica.com and please put attn: Michelle Moore in the subject line, (716)871-0262 ext 225 by phone M-F 9-5 EST. Please tell Michelle that this is the "cavalier project" so she knows what it is about.
The JSP website is www.jspamerica.com and their other carbon fiber hoods, trunks, wings, etc. can be seen there as well as verify the above phone number and such.

See less See more
#4 ·
The hood will be made just like the Z24 hood with cowl induction. I know alot of people would like to see different hoods, but for now this is a real good start, especially for a car where products like this are unavailable and have to be custom built.

#7 ·
Unfortuately this has been tried before....... only the price was $500. CDN (or something like that) and they only needed 10 orders..... guess what happened...... no one could come up with the money.....

I hope you guys have better luck this time!!!

#9 ·
Im not making a penny off of any of this, just trying to get a hood for my car and my wife's car and since they don't make them, Im kind of stuck. I made some calls and this is what I came up with. I know the price is kind of high, but considering that nobody makes them, its better than nothing. Im sure if one company makes them and does well, then another company will do the same and price wars will lower the cost, but we still need to have a company build the first one.....
On a side note, I have seen their other hoods and they are top notch quality and fully finished, including underneath. They have steel reinforcements in them and are a direct bolt on application.

#13 ·
Ok first things first, Class Glass no longer makes bolt on hoods due to liability issues. Second Just like with a bodykit the first few will cost more but after a while the price would drop. It is because you need to make the mold by the supplies and put the time in to make a *new* hood. After they sold a few the price would likely drop a few bucks and more would sell, all they need are a few people willing to pay a little more now and keep in mind that it would definitely get you points @ shows and what not for having something unique. just my $.02

#15 ·
ya $500 for a c/f stock z24 hood is outrageous. And just asking... why would anyone need a c/f trunk.... I'm more of a fiberglass man, if u get hit, patch and bondo with fiber glass works. You get hit with c/f.. screwed out the butt. But it is nice to see that someone is taking a interest in making somthing for the cavys. Altho it would be nice with some new style and lower prices. But if someone makes a induction hood similar to diza's style, i would jump on board, but not with c/f.

#16 ·
I like the idea of C/F being available to our cars. I'm also very inerseted, but I have no $$$ right now, and I'm guessing most of the people on this board don't either, since ALOT of them are students. :x :evil:

#18 ·
bezal said:
ya $500 for a c/f stock z24 hood is outrageous. And just asking... why would anyone need a c/f trunk.... I'm more of a fiberglass man, if u get hit, patch and bondo with fiber glass works. You get hit with c/f.. screwed out the butt. But it is nice to see that someone is taking a interest in making somthing for the cavys. Altho it would be nice with some new style and lower prices. But if someone makes a induction hood similar to diza's style, i would jump on board, but not with c/f.
The carbon fiber trunks were something that was supposed to be new. They allready make them for some other cars including the 95-99 cavys and they are sweet looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.