J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has the pin outs for the caddy cimarron gauge cluster. I have the cluster here, but need to know how to arrange the pin with the connector on the back of the cluster...

-Al.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually I am talkin about the analog ones... I am going to put them into my 90 2.2L VL sedan. I know the connector is the same, but I have to add a wire for the tach and re arrange the pins in my connector to match to the new cluster. I have the 90 Cavalier Service Manual from GM, but I dont have the Caddy one. All I need to know is how to match pin 1 to pin 1 ,follow me? :)

-Al.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean...

But I'm kind of confused because I have an AllDataDiy account and I've seen a lot of gauge assemblies that AllData provides the PIN-OUTS for, but for some reason the Caddy Cimarron just has the wiring diagrams, but not the PIN-OUT connectors etc...

I'll do some more digging...

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is all I can really give you with the info that I have:

Wire Color = Use

PNK/BLK = Gauge Fuse

TAN = Oil Pressure Sender

WHT = Tachometer

BLK = Ground

DK GRN = Coolant Temp. / Ignition Switch

PNK = Fuel Level

GRY = Interior Lights Dimming

GRN = Headlights & Fog lights

PPL = Headlights & Fog lights

LT BLU = Turn Signals(spliced for Right and Left)

YEL = Seat Belt Reminder

TAN/BLK = "UPSHIFT" Indicator

BRN/WHT = Check Engine Light

TAN/WHT = Brake Warning Light

GRY = Low Coolant Light(VIN "W" only)

Do you think you can get by with this info?

:)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe I can.... I just have to figure out what color corresponds to each connector on the cluster :-?

We'll find out this weekend when I get the car back from the body shop.

-Thanks!

-Al.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Al I'm not sure when i'll be at our reference library here but they have all of the older Mitchel shop manuals complete with the GM wiring diagrams which are the best in my opinion. I'll try to make my way down there soon however if you contact Brian (user name is zoom zoom) on the .org he is doing the cimarron gauge swap and should have the diagrams.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks much Luis, it's greatly appreciated :-D I'm going to try and contact that guy on the .org as well... I'm thinking of calling my Sedan the 1 and only Type-10 4 Door. ;-)

-Al.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, I am having serious problems with this. I tried tracing the wires, but nothing seems to work correctly. except for volts and gas.... I put the new senders for the gauges in for oil and coolant temp. Something must be wrong because when I turn on the lights, the oil gauge goes str8 to 80 PSI

does anyone have the pin outs ??? I could use the info ASAP

-Al.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
amancuso said:
Hi, I am having serious problems with this. I tried tracing the wires, but nothing seems to work correctly. except for volts and gas.... I put the new senders for the gauges in for oil and coolant temp. Something must be wrong because when I turn on the lights, the oil gauge goes str8 to 80 PSI

does anyone have the pin outs ??? I could use the info ASAP

-Al.
can you not call a dealer or shop or something??

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
While we're on the subject of pin-outs for gauges, can anyone find pin-outs for 2.0L Sunbirds, with the 'cheapo' gauges and the 'extra' gauges with tach and crap? I know that the 2.0 had the option of getting the advanced cluster, I've seen them in the junkyard, the connector pins are arranged in basically the same way as a 3.1. I've always wanted to swap clusters so I could have all the extra gauges but swapping is a bitch when you don't know what wire goes where on the plug...I've tried, not fun. Any help is appreciated and sorry for post hijacking.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
ncc2000 said:
While we're on the subject of pin-outs for gauges, can anyone find pin-outs for 2.0L Sunbirds, with the 'cheapo' gauges and the 'extra' gauges with tach and crap? I know that the 2.0 had the option of getting the advanced cluster, I've seen them in the junkyard, the connector pins are arranged in basically the same way as a 3.1. I've always wanted to swap clusters so I could have all the extra gauges but swapping is a bitch when you don't know what wire goes where on the plug...I've tried, not fun. Any help is appreciated and sorry for post hijacking.
are you sure it just wont drop right in, the wiring should be fairley simmilar. i dont think the pins would be any differant

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
oh ok, never saw the 4cyl cluster without all the gauges

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.