J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this morning coming from christines house to work i got pulled over.

I got pulled over for doing 85 in a 55 :cry: :cry:

so that translates to $233 I have to pay. the cop was a nice guy though. He was in an unmarked car and he was doing 85 and i passed him. Well now i know nj changed the color of some of their unmarked cars from white to maroon.

well live and learn i guess :(

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
ouch man that sucks, around here the unmarked cars are all sorts of colors. I always just watch for the general shape and make sure its not a cop before i pass them. I watch for the rims too, i think all of the cop cars have the black steelies on them. So if i see one that has the fancy lookin rims its more than likely a old guy than a cop. Just imagine if they converted over to black SUVs :eek: we'd all be in trouble.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well luckily as far as i know the points wont transfer, never did befroe so thats a plus.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i forget how many points i have, i got pulled over once for going through a stop sign and i wouldnt have gotten a ticket if i would of had my seatbelt on which i usually wear all the time. but i didnt get any points for that. and then i got pulled over for doing 71 in a 55 and i forget how many points that was. when i got that ticket i went in and made a payment plan, i got it nice and low, it was like $10 every 2 weeks lol, suckers

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
bezal said:
Nice guy.. i passed a cop goin 115 while racing a mustang. Mine was nice, he just put speeding and gave me a $80 ticket, when it could have been over 500.
lucky bastard! Street racing here gets your license pulled.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
tiny1877 said:
bezal said:
Nice guy.. i passed a cop goin 115 while racing a mustang. Mine was nice, he just put speeding and gave me a $80 ticket, when it could have been over 500.
lucky bastard! Street racing here gets your license pulled.
Well mine was on a highway, so cops don't care that much. And the mustang said he was just driving.. ya jumpin from 70 to 100 is just driving... too bad the cop was in my lane, would have beaten him. It was at night, a sherrifs car, the brown one u know. With my blackouts on couldn't see until friends pointed him out 2 feet from my window.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
is there a way to see how many points you have against you? do the points ever go away? and isnt it if you get so many points, you permanently lose your license or is it temporarily?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well most states have it to where after 3 months of being good u loose points, or that ticket goes off your record. Don't know how many points you have against you unless you go to the liscense branch or police depo.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
bezal said:
Well most states have it to where after 3 months of being good u loose points, or that ticket goes off your record. Don't know how many points you have against you unless you go to the liscense branch or police depo.
3 months? Try 3 years, there, pal. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.