J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my car has been acting weird the last few days. This moring i go and start my car and leave for school no problem. After school i got to a doctors appointment. After 30 mins i get out and i start my car up (the motor is still hot) and the rpms are all over from like 1100 down to 600 like it wants to die or something??!!! I reved it up to 2,000 rpm twice and it idled fine. The car drives fine and has alot of power but this is the second time it has happened and its getting annoying. It only happens if the engine is hot or warm and only at start up??? Any ideas?? I think i need to replace the fuel filter too b/c its been in there a year now but i dont think that is it. Please help and thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
only thing i can think of is doing the idle relearn. im not sure on this one. i have this happen to me but only after i have the battery disconnected.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
could be a vaccuum leak but i think that would happen all the time if that was the case. Your check engine light doesnt come on does it? Maybe bad iac or tps.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
i had this problem, i unhooked my battery once and it learned how to idle and ran fine the rest fo the night, but then the next day it started to do it again, but it eventually learned how to idle again later that day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.