J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a window channel for an 89 Cavalier, passenger side. I am at my wits end. Any help would be soooo much appreciated. My car is a drag car and really don't wont to have to go to lexan windows because I love the power windows.

· Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,713 Posts
What is wrong with it? If it is coming out of the track it is likely the guides. You can buy them. If it the actual run channels that are broken, bent or something like that, a junk yard is about your only hope. As far as I know they are no longer available anywhere.

Let us know exactly what the problem is and we'll try to help:)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to replace the window guides and while doing so, the window channel basically came apart at the rear of the window from dry rot I guess. I ordered some channel from Soff-Seal that works at the top and front of the window but at the back there isn't enough lip to hold the window in place. So I ordered the driver side channel that I found and plan on cutting it at the top back corner and turning it upside down. I hope this works. Thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.