J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was coming home yesterday from college in the '03 and was behind a butt ugly car. A little bit before the road went back to two lanes I saw it was a Nova. I was like WTF, that thing is so nasty. It was the 80's model and I thought it was like a VW when I first got behind it.

Anyway, the road opens to two lanes and they go into the left lane for no apparent reason because their was no one in front of them. So I get up to about 60 (55 mph zone) and start to get along side of them. I'm looking at this thing is awww because I never saw one before. They saw me stare'n and the next thing I know they are speeding up, or trying too that is. I give the '03 some more gas and stay w/ them. The passenger in the nova had a smile on their face like I was an idiot. Probably am since I'm running against their piece. They start to "take off :roll: " so I just down shift to 4th and gun it leaving them in the distance.

They came puttering up beside me at the a light a mile or so down the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cavi_racer_rs said:
My friend Jeff has a Nova, its like a 70 something model, its badass, pushing around 345 hp. ill get pics later on.
Yea the old model Nova's are awesome machines, I'd like a '70. But this one was just a joke, sorta like the 4 banger mustang.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
beamer said:
cavi_racer_rs said:
My friend Jeff has a Nova, its like a 70 something model, its badass, pushing around 345 hp. ill get pics later on.
Yea the old model Nova's are awesome machines, I'd like a '70. But this one was just a joke, sorta like the 4 banger mustang.
Was it the Chevy Spectrum clone style Nova?? Looks like a couple boxes with wheels under them? My friend had one of those...we called it the "Rectum." Cuz we broke the 'Spectrum" plate off of it and rearranged the letters with a dremel and some super glue, then epoxied it back on the car to say 'rectum.'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tiny1877 said:
beamer said:
cavi_racer_rs said:
Was it the Chevy Spectrum clone style Nova?? Looks like a couple boxes with wheels under them? My friend had one of those...we called it the "Rectum." Cuz we broke the 'Spectrum" plate off of it and rearranged the letters with a dremel and some super glue, then epoxied it back on the car to say 'rectum.'
Yea, thats what it kinda looked like. Nice idea w/ the dremel and rearrangement of the letters 8) .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea the early seventies and shit are badass, but not a mid 80's box, 4 cylinder :D . I'd think it'd be a 4 banger wasn't very big

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.