J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member for a little while but I've never posted. I have a 94' z24 5 speed all original with 133k miles. I've had it for 3 years and was gifted it from my dad who bought it brand new. There are plans to customize it one day.

So here's my issue. I think I know what it is but I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. Yesterday everything was fine. This morning I went to start it and I'm getting no dash lights (brake, abs etc.) and no fuel pump noise. It will crank but obviously not start. I'm thinking it might be the ignition switch. I probably need to check fuses first but like I said, I want to see if anyone has run into this issue. Thanks for anyones help and I'm happy that there is still a lot of interest in jbodies!

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,678 Posts
Hi and welcome to v6z24.

I am heading out the door for a dentist appointment, so I don't have time to get you more info right now. However, here is a shot of possible causes.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Check the ECM power wire coming off of the positive side battery cable. See if it is broken.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Before throwing any parts at the car, grab a DMM and test for power on the circuits that are supposed to have power with the ignition switch in the different positions. Test both the inputs and outputs if the switch, which will tell you if the switch is a problem or maybe a wire, or some other circuit or device being an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.