J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some one give me some help on installing a power stearing hose for my car i just need to know the steps im pretty mechanicaly inclined and i know it cant be that hard, so any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
21 Posts
you bleed it after you put the new hose on.its pretty easy just take the cap off the power steering resevoir and turne the steering wheel side to side with the vehicle running.make sure yu keep an eye on your fluid though.one question to are you changing the pressure line or the return

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i believe i have the preasure line, its the one that is located near the back of the engine, it was also more exppensive that the other hose, cause there were 2 different ones and the one i have i about 80 bucks, another question, will power stearing fluid come out at first when i take it out? yes or no? then after that ones out i put the new one in, fill the power stearing then run the engine with the cap off, and turn the wheels side to side, to get rid of the air in side the hose, then top it off and cap it back up and im done, is that how it goes?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A buddy of mine told me i should take my wheels of to bleed the system or else the pump will go, i got a qestion on how to take the end farther away from the pump, like on the drivers side of the car , how do i take that end off becsue i cant seen to get in that tight of an area, any tips?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one more thing, inside the box, came with these instructions, it says it comes with a plug for the switch socket Question what is the switch socket?, then it says some applications will require the use of an idle speed up control switch Question, what is that?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
u dont need to take your wheels off to bleed em. I had the power steering pressure hose replaced and all u have to do is take off the cap and turn the wheels side to side . I did it and my pump hasnt gone. Its been 4 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.