J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any common areas on the '89 Z24 where the power steering might leak. I've noticed that i have to fill up the fluid verry often these days. Could it be possibly leaking from the steering rack? or would this be more likely be a bad power steering pump.? Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
It could be the rack, the pump or the hoses themselves . My return hose went on my car. A way to tell if a hose is leakin is to have someone turn the wheels side to side and loook under the hood to see if the power steering fluid is leaking externally. if it doesnt show up outside as a leak it may be an internal leakin in the p/s pump or a bad rack./

·
Registered
813 Posts
DILLY OF A PICKEL thats bullshit i went threw hell and back changing that bastard ass hose, that was the worst experience ever with my car, i had to end up using a cutting tool to get one of the ends off becasue it was tighter than a nun on sundays, but i was first told that it was my rack, and those my friend run about 599.99 for our cars thats without the instation. well that was the cheepest price i found and thats can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.