J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a plug (3rd from the right on my inline 4cyl... yay) that will turn someway to come out, but then it stops and it wont budge. I've been told it needs to be drilled out, but I've also been told that if I get it out, I could put in a helicoil in the slot and put my new plug in. I found a set and I was wondering how do you put one of these in? Each one in this set has different depths, why is that? Need help guys.

Korey :moon: [/img]

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
umm how can it not come out?? How hard have you tried?? It's gotta come out somehow. are you just using a normal 3/8 drive or have you stepped up (not that spark plugs should have to take more but....)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
well first thing would be to get it out and check to see whats wrong, then go from there

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jake, I've tried very hard. I've also had a friend that can bench almost 300lbs. take a crack at it, so I don't know if it can even come out.

Korey

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
jakerooni said:
I would think the plug would've snapped in that case. But if you really can't get it out you might have to look into getting a new head.
i first would do anything to get it out, like zach said use a breaker bar. but its better to at least try and have a small chance of not needing to buy a new one. you have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jake, I thought it was going to. I'll send you a pic of this guy sometime, I'm suprised it didn't snap. lol I might just let a professional mechanic handle it, guys. Don't know if I can risk screwing up my driveable car and having to wait to put on new head.

Korey :moon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.