J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone wanna hear about rumors of the 3100 auto cavy to be introduced for 20o5?

165 hp 3400 auto tranny thats all i know, other than itll include a suspension package and a higher trim level... (news from my aunt can say not much else since i dont know feel free to speculate)

and yes it is confirmed the beretta will be making a comeback though not "beretta" the same design concept will be used to build a low-budget performance oriented coupe... this i guess is sort of fueling the idea of many new fwd performance cars due out in the coming years with many different engines ranging from a 2.5 (originalally 2.3ho in its hey day)dohc motor to a misunderstood 4.2 liter northstar motor hmmmm... somebody shoul drop a northstar in a z... just a thought.

and yet the impala ss and all its 3800sc fame. did anyone know its the first revision to the 3800sc since 95???

and one more, the grrand am will cease production at the end of 2004 to make room for vehicle manufacturing in other areas (could it be our new low budget rocket due out in 2005)

and last but not least the gto, who knows what? i need to see it to believe it is actually what has been claimed.

wait one more thing, the new so called beretta, yea itll be called something stupid im sure like fertta like that hot rod article how stupid is that. anyhow i guess gm is out some cash on design so they are pulling some of the concept relics into mass production. I wonder how sales of a v6 cavy are gonna do? did anyone else here rumors of the gmc sonoma available with a 5300 vortec in 2005 maybe04, id enjoy that but the numbers show itll be far missed to a 6000 motor

pick my brain, this is mostly rumor as my source comes from a basic to you and me (think tank)

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
The Cavaliers dead after 2005, I was pretty sure the only engine the Cobalt (Renamed Cavalier) was gonna get was the Ecotec. I've heard nothing of the Berettaish car, but it would be sweet! I did know about the Impala SS getting the 3800sc as well as the Monte Carlo SS. The GTO is gonna be badass. V8, RWD...GM needed another car like this other than the Vette. And I hadn;t heard they were axing the Grand Am...Who knows huh? lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
They are getting rid of the N body line in favor of the epsilon line. As far as I know, the current N body cars will keep the name plate but on a new platform and look. The 04 malibu is part of the epsilon line AKAIK. I really don't keep up with platform info but I remember reading about that.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
wileycoyote101 said:
anyone wanna hear about rumors of the 3100 auto cavy to be introduced for 20o5?

Cavalier is dead after '04 and will be reintroduced as the Cobalt, as far as i know....... the Sunfire will also be dropped and called something else aswell

165 hp 3400 auto tranny thats all i know, other than itll include a suspension package and a higher trim level... (news from my aunt can say not much else since i dont know feel free to speculate)

god i hope their not "detuning" the 3400 :-?

and yes it is confirmed the beretta will be making a comeback though not "beretta" the same design concept will be used to build a low-budget performance oriented coupe... this i guess is sort of fueling the idea of many new fwd performance cars due out in the coming years with many different engines ranging from a 2.5 (originalally 2.3ho in its hey day)dohc motor to a misunderstood 4.2 liter northstar motor hmmmm... somebody shoul drop a northstar in a z... just a thought.

never heard that before

and one more, the grrand am will cease production at the end of 2004 to make room for vehicle manufacturing in other areas (could it be our new low budget rocket due out in 2005)

that's too bad, but if it just gets a new platform and keeps the name and stuff that'd be great, 'specially if they put the new 3.5L V6 and shed some weight on it :)

and last but not least the gto, who knows what? i need to see it to believe it is actually what has been claimed.

I've seen the pics of it, no idea on the options and stuff tho (i'll include the pics at the bottom of my post- beware tho, it looks like a Dodge Avenger)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.