J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of the Aiwa CDCMP3? I can pick one up for like 200 bucks, and I was wondering what experience you've had with it...are they good? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Well...
It is cool in the fact that it plays MP3 CD's
The sound quality is excellent.
Lots of nifty features.

Downfalls:
Takes a minute or 2 to read an mp3 CD when you first insert it. Then 10-30 seconds to start playing each time you turn the car off and back on. It resumes at the beginning of the last song, instead of right where it was shut off. These are for MP3 CD's only, regular CD's are fine

It seems to skip more than I think it should. It doesn't skip a TON, but sometimes it skips when I don't think it should. It also doesn't like strong lateral G's, ie, really hard turns, cuz it skips a lot then.

I bought mine for $300 when they first came out, so if you can get one now for $200, I think it would be worth it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Or you can buy an alpine for $200. Doesnt play MP3s, but how can you search through 200 songs on CD anyway. Alpine build and sound quality is far greater though, and the face angles (i dont know why it angles though, but looks cool)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the fact that it plays mp3s because then I only have to carry one cd in my car instead of a case. Besides, I hate swapping cds every few minutes. No one will steal my cds this way either. I am concerned about the skips you were talking about though. Hm...

·
Registered
527 Posts
this my be a dumb question but i havent seen many MP3 players. If the CD that you put in has around 200 songs on it how do you know wich track is what? Does the display say the name of the song?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm looking into an MP3 CD player right now. ANY more info ANYONE can tell me would be good. The one I'm looking at is an Alpine. The model number is CDA-7995. It's so new that Alpine doesn't have it on their site yet.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
725 Posts
i have a kenwood mp8017

it reads the disc fairly quickly (at least not a minute or two :wink: ) and is an all around good player. it was about 300 when i bought it including the tax, but i saw it in the Crutchfield Mag on sale for cheaper than that.

Shaderick -
The player tells you the name of the song and you can put the songs into different folders.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i dont really care for how alpines look these days, and the sound quality is the same as the pioneer. i would love to get my hands on one of the old cda-7949 cd players though... i loved how that deck looked, and it had EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
51 Posts
get the pioneer DEH P-9300. It plays MP 3's no problem. It is also way better for options. It features an auto EQ(amazing feature), time aligment, various sound effects, screen savers, and it even plays videos!!!!! You can get one for $1200 Canadian. I bought it and I wasn't sorry. It is 1 model below the P-9 which is Pioneers top unit. The P-9 is absolutely crazy. It even has a hard drive in it to store your music! Say good bye to changing cds!!! It costs a crazy $3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts