J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I decided not to put a 2.8L v6 in the gc :cry: so I ask all of the j-body owners on this site to give me their take on a turbo.Yeah that's right i'm going to turn the car into a 2.2L turbo what size should I use and how much power could I get out of it. thanx

·
Registered
769 Posts
migzz...what stuff did you order from exploited? Everything there seems to be geared toward third gen 2.2's. Looking at the pic they show for their stage zero kit it does look very similar to my second gen 2.2, but other kits I have seen offered for the 3rd gens would not work on our cars.

·
Registered
531 Posts
alot of parts for the 95-97 2.2 will fit the heads are pretty much the same the turbo manifold for the 95-97 will bolt right up i kno this because i have the pacesetter header on my car right now and its for the 95 and the downpipe will only fit on the 5-speed as the pacesetter because the tranny gets in the way on the autos the only thing im not to sure about is the the pipe that runs from the turbo to the TB it seems like it only fits their turbo's (length wise) and i have a different style t3 turbo that i got off from e-bay its a turbonetics/garrett t3 it seems a little longer than there turbo's but its no biggie well see when it gets here. I have a question i dont kno if anyone knows the answer to this but i heard from a friend that i have to have my ECU reprogrammed to acomidate a custom turbo set up i dont kno if this bullshit or not

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well depending on the make of the engien and what car it came from Id say you made a good choice. Some 2.2L engines come with more horse and torque than the 2.8 and 3.1. Adding a turbo to that may just do it for ya. Though, see if you can put some 2.4L heads on it and see what that does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.