J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,479 Posts
I think the older ones are better as well... I had a 2000 Z24 brand new back in April of '00 and I really didn't like it. Traded it in 5 months later on a Pontiac Grand Prix.

-Al.

· Registered
4,185 Posts
personally, I like the older cavaliers better

I do like the newer ones (95-02) because they have got some great curves and styles. I dont really like the new cavalier. i think its gettin too family like and less sports car like. but thats just my opinion

· Registered
7,394 Posts
Yep, the V6 Cavies and 'Birds are inexpensive to buy ($2500 at most, unless you're going to a dealer), and parts are cheap and a dime a dozen. How many cars have the 2.8 or 3.1 in it? Quite a few...

Plus, ask some of the members here how many miles are on their V6...answers will range from 100,000 to 350,000 (Where did Dave the wagon guy go anyway?)

Hell, I love 'em so much I just picked up another one to replace the one I had previously...this new one's the same year, but it has lower miles, sunroof, power windows and a LOT less rust. I paid $2,000, not including tax, title, 30-day tag, etc. $2200 when all was said and done. The thing's in awesome shape.

To be honest, I detest some of the newer cars they're coming out with. If I were to buy one of said newer cars, it would have to be either a Grand Prix GT, Grand Am, Impala, or something along those lines.

Till then I'll stick with my Cavy. Thank you, have a nice day.

</speech>

· Registered
178 Posts
banchee_z said:
Besides, the V6 is way better than a four-banger. 8)
Please dont dog the 4cylinder! I was wondering if you driven one before? Its truly just in the transmission.. If it has an automatic, yeah they're not too great for power. I think my 5spd and 2.0 is quite responsive and is a strong engine and can handle the abuse.

As for the v6, they may have more horse power and sound nice, just give some respect to a well built 4cylinder..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.