J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

i have the chance to take a 3.1 out of an Oldmobile Cutlass Supreme and i have a few questions about it

1. i know it's been asked atleast a million times but it's a direct bolt in right?

and also

2. It has the 4 speed auto tranny, can i use this and if i can how would i go about it?

thanks alot
adam .......btw the 3.1 is going for $150 with only 65k

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
1. ya i beleive so

2. ya you can... i beleive.... just make sure you use the shift linkage 'n stuff from that car

you're also going to need the wire harness and computer

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
should be the same engine as for the tranny it came off the enigne right? why wouldnt it go back on ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
What year Cutlass, if it's '94 or newer it's actually a 3100, I don't remeber off hand when the Cutlass received what engine through the years.

The 4 speed will be a feat in itself to get to work in your car, again depending on the year will determine how much extra work needs to be done.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
The 4 speed is quite a bit larger than the TH125 (3 speed), the output splines are different sizes, and tranny mounts will most likely need to be custom, among other details I'm probably forgetting.

Yes a '92 will be the gen2 design, the 3.1.

BTW, a 3.1 is a 3.1 regardless of what tranny it is connected to (I'm talking about same generation).

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
munkiballz4769 said:
ok the engine your selling should fit into my 93 cavi right? and if it does would i have to get a new tranny? i have a 5 speed, if anyone knows let me know thanks. :D
It'll fit, and your tranny will work too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.