J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what years these lights were interchangeable?

for Generation 2 are they all interchangeable? also want to know if the Wagons, and the RS's are also the same. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
The mark 1 and 2 are different but as long as you are replacing any mark 1 with 1 and 2 with 2 you are fine........At least to the best of my knowledge

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, and my Mark 1 you mean 88-90 and mark 2 you mean 91-94 right? before i goto the scrapper I want to make sure it'll fit properly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking at the pictures, all second gens have the same corner lenses. And yes the wagon's, rs's, and z's all use the same corner lights. However the Pontiacs have half amber and half clear lenses on the part that is all amber for cavaliers. I don't know whether they are exactly the same or not, so get some cavalier lenses.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Yes mark 1 88-90 mark 2 91-94.......the mark 2 are bigger so they wont fit on the mark ones........as far at the pontiacs...all the side markers are half orange half white.....some reflective law....at least in canada.....but as long as you are sticking to mk 1- mk 1 and 2 - 2 you are ok

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ool, i was thinking about making some clear corners but if i screw up im gonna tell the guy at the scrapper i need them from another car, he thinks he can charge me extra for a Z24 part that will fit from an RS or Wagon Hahahaha.. damn rip-off yards.

ohh im getting them from the scrapper first incase i screw up or dont like them i dont have to drive with them missing.

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Clear corners are easy just make sure to take your time

·
Registered
450 Posts
VERY NOT EASY to make in my opinnion. I spent ten minutes off the bat just taking my time. I am a patient person.. fairly patient anyway.. I didnt rush trying this.. But the glue is just too strong. I have got part of the thing off but the rest jsut wont come and i dont want to brake it any more!

oh well i got new ones coming in soon..

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shouldnt be too hard,, did anyone try heating the lenses a little where the glue is? with a blow dryer 9or a heat gun if thast not hot enough?)

i still havent got around to doingthis, but a few poeple want them around here, i told they to ge the instructions from this site, but poeple are soo impatient they want there stuff handed to them =)

·
Registered
306 Posts
USE A BUTTER KNIFE TO GET THE LENSE APART!!!

as funny as it sounds, it works, it took me 3 minutes with a butter knife and no cracks or anything....trust me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.