J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is any interest in a quick shift arm for the FWD Getrag 5 speeds. I make them for the Fiero Getrags. I have it designed. I would need to make them and make the welding jig etc. This is the shifting arm that is on the transmission. It would be a shorter shifter arm that would provide a shorter shifting throw. It would also be much heavier duty than the factory arm. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thank you
Rodney Dickman
Rodney Dickman's Auto Acc's
Web page: www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax(262) 835-9575

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I think GM already gave us this very part, off the 90's Beretta GTZ's...

I bet you could sell alot of them anyways though, GTZ's are rare.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Yeah there would definetly be some interest. I'd be more interested in replacement shift cables for under 100$ for the pair new and havey duty if that would be possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wasas9 said:
Yeah there would definetly be some interest. I'd be more interested in replacement shift cables for under 100$ for the pair new and havey duty if that would be possible.
Not possible unless I would have a huge amount made that I would never sell most off. :(

What cables are available today? In the Fiero world there were cheap ones but they did not last more than 6 months. So I sell very good cables but the price is $139 each but they will last like OEM cables.

Rodney Dickman

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
FYI, the beretta quick shift arms don't clear the tranny mount on our cars (or atleast the gate select arm dosen't.. i tried the other 'retta arm and it seemed to bind up my shifter cables...

May try it again since i have 2 days and nothing to do...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone send me some pictures of their Getrag linkage on the transmission? I wonder about this binding problem. Anyone in SE Wisconsin? Milwaukee area is where I am at. Would be nice to look at one before I make one.

Rodney Dickman

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
mera said:
Can anyone send me some pictures of their Getrag linkage on the transmission? I wonder about this binding problem. Anyone in SE Wisconsin? Milwaukee area is where I am at. Would be nice to look at one before I make one.

Rodney Dickman
that would be me Greenfield wi in milwaukee. shoot me a pm for some info if you need it :lol:

id love to help

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
mars_man said:
the GTZ arms work. I had em on since 2002.

Colin also ran them no probs.
yours don't bind up at all?

i used the arms (both) from a '93 W41 trans and ended up swapping on the stock Jbody ones.. the shifter was really hard to move.

I guess i can dig them out tonight and give it another try.. just for the sake of this thread.. lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
dave, i have them as well as sharkey on 60*, works just like a charm.

makes for way nicer shifting :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.