J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since im too lazy to call Canadian Tire and ask them, I figured it would be easier to post a question in here.
My Tires on my car are currently
P205 / 60 / 90, Now I was wondering if it would be possible to put P205's/75's on there, cause I wanna get tires for the winter, and 75's are the most common size for it.

-JOhn

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Uh, the size you have now is 205/60-15
205/75 is NOT wider. The first number is width, the second number is the aspect ratio. The 75's are basically the same tire that has a MUCH larger diameter, almost 2.5 inches!. The width is slightly different but not much. These tires will do nothing but make the speedo slow (where your speedo would say 60, you would actually be going 66mph),and give you slower acceleration, but a higher actual top speed. If you want to go wider, get some 215/55's

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't even think that 75's would fit on your car.

probably rub on the strut or somthing else (fender?).

Also i thought when you get new tires you get smaller ones like 50"s or 55"s they look way better.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said, I want to buy tires for the winter, not wide highperfomance-good-looking ones, cause they wont help if I loose traction and slide into the ditch. I just want some good tires 4 winter, I dont car how good they look, just something that will give me some traction. My Current tires , Godyear GT Eagles (90% sure) are great on pavement, but on snow/ice they suck.

-John

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
So don't get a different tire size or get something that is narrower. like a 195 or something. Narrower tires provide better snow traction because they dig in instead of floating on top of the snow. This isn't true for Ice, however. I would just get a good snow tire in the stock size. Go to http://www.tirerack.com and check out the reviews.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts