J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
I most certainly do :)

It doesn't see the road much, save for when it snows. It's certainly more than capable of handling winter weather, and has luxury features that I've never seen ANYWHERE. Power adjustable headrests anyone? :)

If it's cheap enough, I'd highly recommend purchasing it. Or, if it's cheap enough, and you don't......write down it's location. I will. :D

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
i have been looking for one of those for a winter beater for a while now, they are very hard to come by, if you can afford it i suggest you pick it up.

· Registered
582 Posts
Generally affording it isn't an issue. Unfortunatly (or, if you're buying one, fortunatly) they really don't hold their value any differently than any other V6 6000. The only case you'd get into is if someone actually knew what they had, which with an A6K is rare. Most people just assume it's any old box-shaped late 80s GM sedan. They really are incredible cars, and the only reason I don't drive mine that much is a) two cars are enough for me to keep insurance/licenses on and b) most of my driving is done between school and home now, and the 14 MPG (ouch) the 6K gets just isn't practical. :)

Yes the gas mileage is THAT bad. The 6K SE/STEs were porkers to begin with, let alone with the added weight/driveline loss of the AWD.

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
yeah i can imagine!! that would suck especially with my commute, im thinking about just picking up a 4cyl rs for a winter beater

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.