J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how sit going guys just got my computer long time no see anyways not its getting cold in the mornings when I start my car it has a awful rattle for the first 5 min or so can't fig out where it is coming from has any one had this problem before it is a 1992 z 24 3.1 auto with about 270k on it any suggestions would be nice thanks

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
After you answer Qunatum's questions here are a few things you can look at.

Engine bay;
Exhaust manifold heat shield
S-Belt (if it's old it will need replacing anyways)
all of the misc plastic parts in the engine bay can be checked to see if they are loose.

Somewhere else on the car:
Check the exhaust system. Sometimes the muffler hangers get rotten and fail to hold the muffler, causing some noise.
Check the Catalytic converter heat shield too.

Brad

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
sask_cruiser said:
if the rattling is undeer the car or close to the front, it could be the cat.. mine rattles too and now it's plugged but it's gettin cut out today. yay more power 8)
most likely the cat heat shield

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys it is coming from the back of the engine or just behind the fire wall on the bottom side so probably a heat shied or a cat not sure no heat shied on the cat but it is the original one on the car but the cart must be the problem I'm guessing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.