J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every once in a while, seemingly randomly, i get this rattling coming from one of my pulleys, i think its my A/C one. its a little like metal rubbing on metal but its not always happening, only every once in a while. Any ideas what it is? thanx

· Registered
2,950 Posts
uhmmm, well without hearing it, no one hear could help you out. bring it to a mechanic or someone that knows cars.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Brad91Z said:
The clutch on your ac compressor may be making the noise. Does it only happen with the ac on?

Brad
i have that problem with my grand am....i need to get it fixed asap :-?

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Brad91Z said:
The clutch on your ac compressor may be making the noise. Does it only happen with the ac on?

Brad
btw, wouldnt the noise happen when the a/c isnt on??

· Registered
121 Posts
pimpin8ez said:
every once in a while, seemingly randomly, i get this rattling coming from one of my pulleys, i think its my A/C one. its a little like metal rubbing on metal but its not always happening, only every once in a while. Any ideas what it is? thanx
i get the same thing..but its only when i'm on the highway..it stops once i stop accelerating .i know it ain't my a/c or alternator cuz i replaced it this summer...i thought it was my exhaust manifold heatshield that was loose but i fixed that and it still does it..i'm bringing it in on friday to have it checked out...i'll keep u posted

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont use my a/c and the noise still happens. as i said it only happens every once in a great while and eventually for no apparent reason, stops. it just sounds like metal sliding on metal. thanx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.