J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever my subs are pounding my tailights start rattling and i dont know how to get rid of it, i tightened the screws but it didnt do anything, so im wondering of anyone has any ideas. This is with only a 300watt amp, whats it gonna be like when i pick up my 1000 watt amp in a couple weeks??

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should definatly think about using some type of sound insluator like dynamat. The tail light fixture is just plastic so its gonna rattle no matter how tight you try to make it. Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Yeah, pop off the rear tails and apply some dynamat in between them and the trunk. This MAY help. I thought it was the tailights on my car that were making all the noise, but I removed them and the noise was still there. There are just 4 thumb screws holding them on from the inside, so it is real easy to remove them. The entire section accross the trunk is one piece. So take em off, crank up the bass and see if the rattle is still there. If its gone, apply the dynamat, and that should solve the problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
lol.. sorry about the long reply time but i had the same problem when i put my dual 1000w subs in my trunk.. in fact i still gotta find out how to stop my trunk from flexing so bad.. that dynomat extreme doesnt work to well... especially since i put 2 layers of it on the trunk lid. but the answer to your question is simple. get anytype of hard sponge like a soft yet firm type of material and cut into sections and undo the back lights and glue or tape those sections all over in rattle spots (u will know where these are cause when ur sub is pounding it will rattle from these points) and then screw back in. also you can put in 2 screws at the bottom of the liecense plate. its ok to drill there is nothing behind those and put in dry wall screws (they have big treads) and that will get rid of all rattles.
hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts