J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my rear defrosters now that it is getting cold, they only work sometimes, i can press and press the button and they wont turn on, and then when they finally turn on, im at where ever i was going to. Is it maybe a loose wire, or what, if you guys could help me out, that would be great, and thanks for whoever helped me with the windows, got those working fine, but the auto locks are being an ass. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
check the wiring and maybe replace the switch it may be faulty

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
i had a similar problem, well actually not really. like all of a sudden, it really wasnt working as good, and like turn off much sooner, and if i would try and push the button, it would like buzz. it was weird. :-?

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
ncc2000 said:
My rear defroster is completely shot. Both connectors on the window have fallen off so it will never work again...
it could still be fixed :D everything can be fixed~!!!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I took it to the dealer once to see what they said and the reply I got is that the connectors need to be soldered back onto the window, and that they won't even do it because if done wrong the heat from the soldering gun will shatter the glass.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
well obviously they have no idea what they are doing then!!!

another way to get it fix is take it to a glass shop, they should be able to hook everything back up because they would need to know that stuff inorder to replace rear windows, ya get what i am sayin?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.