J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
Yeah I saw that, I have my suspicions about what parts they are using and could probably be done for less if I am correct, the caliper bracket is the expensive part. I'd have to see pics to know for sure.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
moonwell said:
Wow, only about $450 US for the street kit.
When you put it that way, comparitivley speaking to the other kits available, it's quite inexpensive. :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i recently put in cross drilled rotors for the front and wanted to do a conversion to disc in the rear. Could you guys tell me of the places i could get a kit for less expensive. I am looking for a more "performance" kit then "street". Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
oneofzkind said:
i recently put in cross drilled rotors for the front and wanted to do a conversion to disc in the rear. Could you guys tell me of the places i could get a kit for less expensive. I am looking for a more "performance" kit then "street". Thanks for any help.
No where, that is the least expensive I have seen.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darkmuck said:
that conversion kit is for 3rd gens not our cars
According to RaceTech..... it's the same thing.... and according to Luis (GinoBeats, a GM part person) they're the same parts for the 2nd gen brakes as they are for the 3rd gens ;)

Baer also agrees that the brakes are interchangable between the 2.......

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
rally they're the same parts for 2nd and 3rd gens? hmmm. then i'd have to upgrade the fronts because they'd be smaller than the rears.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Am I the only one that finds it fishy he won't tell where the parts came from? Why make Racetech the only distributor for rotors and pods ... when they porbably are Neon (although he said no, but whats the difference) calipers and rotors. I've heard thru the grapvine that these work the best. When I see pics, I'll compare them to my rears and the truth will be out.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
The Raven is also selling his rear disks and axle...

·
Registered
41 Posts
ctimm_rs said:
Any conversion for the rear drums will work on all J-bodies, from 1982-present.
Im not too sure if thats the case, because during my search i noticed that they did make some kid of kit for the later gen cavi. But if it was a "one size fits all" type thing im sure it would have said someting to that effect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.