J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the glass rear window on the phase 2 cavalier convertible fit my car? or does it have different mechanics for the top? ie. it folds differently. I have almost hit several trees trying to back out of my driveway in the early morning and would like to have a rear window with a defogger on it. just a thought.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why not? is it the mechanics of the top? its a 92 with the glass window right? or is it 93? I could always get the frame and stuff

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have a 92. the 93s were the first year to have a glass rear window. when i asked the upoulstry shop about it, they said that was a common question, and that you would have to change a bunch of stuff. Plus the guy said that they tend to leak becuse the way the glass is attached to the fabric. Where on the plasti windows, they simply sew throught the plastic. I know you would have to change the frame of the convertible top because on our tops the rear window folds over that canvas covered hump thing when the top is down, and that would break a non flexible window. I suppose you could get the glass window, but you could never drop the top......lol. BTW if its gonna snow, i just use a car cover, or even an old towel placed on the back window, and then just peel it off when your ready to go.

[ This Message was edited by: grandnational007 on 2001-12-10 21:38 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts