J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well now that my car has been broken into, i was thinking of putting it next to my ebrake and make a space for it, or put it in my glove box. how hard would that be to do other than extending the wires on the harness to suit the new location and securing the deck it self

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
well i know some decks you can't mount up right, my deck says in the instruction manual it shouldnt be mounted on a slant more than 30 degrees, but if you are using factory wiring and a wiring harness just extend the wiring harness from the back of the deck and plug the harness into where the factory harness is behind the dash, hope thats not to confusing and it helps you out

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
If you want it hidden, buy one of the old factory decks from a junkyard and then mount your aftermarket deck behind the console.(Part that houses ac controls, radio etc...) I'd get a cd changer and mount that in the trunk in a hidden location. After that's all done, I'd get a cd player that has cd changer controls and extend the remote sensor to somewhere on the dash.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
i was thinking of an idea, if u can somehow take everything out of a stock cassette deck and mount the cd player inside it and find a way to mount the front of the cassette deck so when u wanna use the cd player, u just have to take off the front of the cassette deck, does anyone think that weould be a good idea

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
I thought about doing that very think like 6 years ago when I bought ny car. But I deemed it to much work and said screw it. The main problem is the depth of the factory HU compared to an aftermarket one. You'll notice how far the install kit sticks out of the opening, that's the main reason why it wouldn't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.