J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

Rice?

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  isaacs93cavi 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am new to the car scene. And the language too. Could yall tell me the meaning of RICE? Since I am hispanic and living in the city that live in, We talk in spanish about 95% of the time. So somebody please tell me what it means and teach me other words too. Here in Laredo, Tx, Chevy and Ford still rule the strip. Yeah we got Hondas and imports, but they are stupid. They are to laugh at. But Mustangs and Camaros......shit, they run the show, still. thats why i say "Cavalier: We will Survive"

#2 ·
The term RICE means basically any car that is made by an oriental, far east, or whatever else you call these manufacturers. In other words if people have a ricer or they most likely drive a Honda, Acura, Nissan, Kia, Hyundia, etc. Honda, Acura and Nissan, are all from Japan, and Kia and Hyundia are from Korea. I'm sure I missed some other ricer companies but that is a bunch of them.

#3 ·
I'll have to disagree on you with that definition, sandmaster.
Just because you drive a Japanese car does not mean its rice.
In my opinion their are some very nice Japanese cars. (Celica, Camery, Rave-four, RX-7). Its when Stupid people take these cars and paint them twenty different colors, put decals and logos all over, get a wing that's bigger than the damn car, that they become "Rice"
But everybody has their own opinions this is just what we boys in Ohio call Rice.
Buy the way around here the definition of rice is not limited to Japanese cars. We have many third gen Cavaliers, Neons, Talons, Avengers, Focuses, and many more that have been "riced out"

#4 ·
RICE isn't really a particular car, it is more an attitude. The name is usually applied to Japanese cars, but American cars can be ricey as well. Someones car is ususally called rice when they have insane appearance and think that it makes their car go fast. Such mods usually include a high wing, lots of stickers, usually representing companies and parts they don't have, and a large "coffee can" exhaust tip. I call Rice an attitude because the Ricer generally beleives that these modifications make their car go faster, even though they have no to little actual performance mods. These appearance modifications alone don't technically make the person a Ricer, it is that combined with their go-fast attitude.

That is my opinion on the matter anyways...
Check out http://www.riceboypage.com

#5 ·
I guess my Z24 will be a "ricer" then, because I just want to put a big stereo in a car and some mods that will make it look cool. Who really "needs" to go 0-60 in less than 7 seconds anyways, personally I prefer the Z24 cause it has a good combination of Power/Fuel economy and it looks cool.

Anyways, thats just my opinion

-John

#9 ·
Alot of people call my car Rice because I didn't join the "Clique" which to me means I didn't Make my car look like all the others in the J-Body community. Also Because I didn't run to RK Sport and buy my spoiler,hood, or ground effects.All were custom molded to the car,Heck the spoiler is off a foreign car
Most of us know duel exhaust is not gonna do much for a 4-banger,and stickers are not gonna make us go faster.But I say if you have the mod (Key word HAVE) and want to advertise it,Go for it.
and to all the haters out there

isaacs93cavi

#10 ·
I agree ricer is an is a slow car with a bunch of modes that don't help the performance but the driver thinks it does and talks a lot of shit. You can't judge a ricer on appearance alone check out the cars in "the fast and the furious" who wouldn't want on of those "ricers"

#11 ·
i would, if they were really that fast. but FATF blows things WAY out of proportion. the only car i would drive out of that entire movie is the '69 Charger.

#13 ·
"i would, if they were really that fast. but FATF blows things WAY out of proportion. the only car i would drive out of that entire movie is the '69 Charger."

I really dont think that you would turn down a Toyota Supra like that one, or in fact any of the cool looking cars in the movie. And if you do, you better have your brain examined.
By the way, FATF surely blows some things out of proportions, but that Supra was featured in "Hot Compacts & Imports" and its actaully is as fast in the "real world" as it was shown in the movie.
Dont say things like that, because If you are not retarded, which I dont think or hope you are, you would never say no if someone offered you to take that Supra for a Spin.
Also, Rice cant be defined because a car looks better that it really drives, or else all pre 95 Z24's would be considered ricers too.
They look faster than they really are, unlike 95++ Z24, which is basically the poor man's wanna-be Import.
Im not trying to offend you, I just refuse to believe that anyone would be ashamed to drive one of the cars in FATF.

-John

PS: larrendeuce, the supra in that movie has won several "Best of Show" awards because of its paintjob, so it cant be that bad

[ This Message was edited by: johnyg on 2001-11-08 20:31 ]

#14 ·
sure i would drive it a little, but i don't think i would be able to sleep at night if i knew i rode around on a weed-eater. and no, you didn't offend me, you just assume that i think the same way you do.

#15 ·
If someone gave me a Phat foreign car like the ones on the movie, I would drive it........ Straight to the dealership and trade that Rust metal in on some Nice American Muscle.(No Ponies)
I am another Import hater. to me there is no Rice or Nice. There is American and Import. And purchasing a import Doesn't keep this country Alive.

isaacs93cavi 2.2 15.9 @85mph

#16 ·
I agree. I don't care what any of you say.
IMPORT = RICE no matter how modded or stock it is...

honda civic = rice
acura integra = rice
honda prelude = rice
toyota celica = rice
any shit that comes from japan = RICE!!!

Need I say more?

#18 ·
Well, a guy with an 11 sec honda civic is either really stupid, or really stupid and rich. If you want a car that fast, buy a god damn dodge viper instead of putting $75 000 of performance mods into a civic. With that kinda mods in a civic, you end up with a butt ugly car, that will need a new engine after less than 50 000 km. It's just like if any of us decided to modify a cavalier to do the 1/4 mile in like 10 seconds, it would take a hell of a lot of money and a hell of a lot of stupidity...just buy a corvette and get a supercharger or something...

[ This Message was edited by: gunman on 2001-11-11 10:55 ]

#19 ·
The reason people put a lot of money in a import is the same reason any of us put money in our cars. To make it unique. If you have a Civic that can do a 1/4 mile in 11 sec. that is pretty unique. If you are going to say that it is stupid to put that much money in a car than it is just as stupid to put any money is a car. Think what kind of car we would all have if we took all the money that we spent on modes and put that into buying a new car.

#20 ·
thanks isaac and gunman, it's good to know that i am not alone. it isn't a bad thing to have a UNIQUE car, i just think that ricers that put that much money into a car and still do not go fast need their heads examined. every time i see FATF, i just laugh at how much money they had to put into their car to make it look stupid and sound horrible.

#21 ·
I agree it's cool to have a unique car, I'm not a fan of the civics or accords, as a matter of fact I hate them, but some people hate my car. There are people that love their civics, if they want to spend all their $$ to make it a fast car I say go for it, if every one who wanted a fast car went out and bought as you said a "corvette or a viper" then every drag racing car would be a corvette or a viper, that's not fun, variety is the flavor of life. I hate hondas, i like racing them and I don't mind watching them race. If I see a civic run an 11 then I'm not going to be too proud to say that it's a nice car. I probably will never ride anything but Chevy but I respect that other people don't like Chevy. If we only raced cars that come fast stock that would suck, suck hardcore

peace

#24 ·
After all that is said, I still like the comment about those huge coffee can exhaust tips. I think that that does make rice out of any car. gees, just get a real performance cat back instead of that.
As you see on FATF, none of them choose to ugly up thier car with one of those.

#25 ·
Ya i agree.......anything with like what a 4"+ is Rice, period. They do nothing more for performance then a smaller tip, and even if they did, they still look retarded.

The FATF did definitely rice up their cars, but they were smart enough not to put a 4" tip on them, because that would just be going way to far.

I would rather see an import with high spoilers, stickers, "type R" and all that shit WITHOUT a 4" tip, then see a totally stock import with nothing done to it BUT a 4" tip.

Seeing domestics with that done is even worse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.