J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I say I did a good job on half the body work. I figured I'd get myself something else... :lol:

BMW Lights... Got em from Zepplica (cool dude btw). At first I was wary about them.. But in the end, I really really like them.

I'm sure most of you wont like them, or like how I did it, or wont like the overall fitment, but that's ok :p

Anyways... I was reading the how-to and saw that it said about molding the grill to an aftermarket bumper or something.. And didn't really explain what else could be done... So I used my brain for once...

I cut the old bracket far enough so that the grill support is still there, and the bracket/hood latch bolt holes were there.... But then cam another issue... Since the bracket has a bend in it, I had to cut a piece out to let my aluminum piece through... So got that, and got all the aluminum cut and in...

Then was wiring. A mess, but overall not hard. IT had gay blue LED's in the top strip, so I put 5W white 194's in there... So I had to track down the resistor(s) in the mess of a wiring that was there. Anyway, all done, and still a little bit more to adjust. But I'm happy...

Three 194's: Turn signals
Halos: Parking lights

Pictures....

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
k i asked this before, and never got an answer, so im going to ask this again, what happened to the other headlight swap you were doing?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quantum said:
k i asked this before, and never got an answer, so im going to ask this again, what happened to the other headlight swap you were doing?
The Diamante's.

Short answer, I lost motivation and will.

Long answer, they were getting difficult to do it how I wanted.... I wanted to cut out the bracket enough to mount the light in, and still be able to mount it straight into the car with no other problems... But I spent all day cutting a bracket, and it broke.. So I kind of gave up.. I still have them here though.. I keep saying I'll finish it.

But who doesn't say that...

Picture for people who are wondering what we're talking about....

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/download,id,7786.html

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
did you drill the holes for the 194's as the turning signals, or are the lights made like that?

looks real good, what do you plan to do for the angle adjustment your setup looks pretty solid. I'm assuming you'll just be using some wahsers as spacers where req'd.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1991z24 said:
did you drill the holes for the 194's as the turning signals, or are the lights made like that?

looks real good, what do you plan to do for the angle adjustment your setup looks pretty solid. I'm assuming you'll just be using some wahsers as spacers where req'd.
The lights had the holes... Regular 194 sockets with LED's in em.

And yes, I'll just use washers.. It will help too since I need to make adjustments to the grill anyways

Here is a picture of how they come... They actually look more rice in this picture than in real life.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quantum said:
your girlfriend looks bored to all hell and back in those pics ;)
For about 10 minutes all she heard was

Parking
Low Beam
High Beam
Turn Signal
Low Beam
Turn Signal
Fog
Driving
Parking
Off

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Aphytex said:
1991z24 said:

And yes, I'll just use washers.. It will help too since I need to make adjustments to the grill anyways

Here is a picture of how they come... They actually look more rice in this picture than in real life.
how much were those?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1991z24 said:
Aphytex said:
1991z24 said:

how much were those?
They are usually around 70-120 or so. I got them for 50.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
scott0999 said:
I actually want those lights now. who wants to buy mine? :lol:
i was going to post them up on here, then drew asked me what they looked like. and that was my plan to use some yellow leds for the turn signals.. lol i had those since may 2006 and within a day he already had them in and working lol . btw drew your gf should hook me up with some of her friends

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
zepplica said:
scott0999 said:
I actually want those lights now. who wants to buy mine? :lol:
i was going to post them up on here, then drew asked me what they looked like. and that was my plan to use some yellow leds for the turn signals.. lol i had those since may 2006 and within a day he already had them in and working lol . btw drew your gf should hook me up with some of her friends
Yeah, same day I got the lights I already had one of them in :lol:

All her friends are young.

And I used clear 194's, not yellow... All the lights up front are clear :lol: And all the lights in the back are red. Odd.

Hoping psquare does another Xtreme Vision group buy, cause I need some of those for this... Best I've found that arent real HID's... (Or I might get low beam HID's)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.