J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there that can photoshop a picture of some rims on my car. I need to see what the MR 15 and the MR 12 rims would look like on my car. You can find the rims at http://www.motegiracing.com. I also have pictures of my car in my profile.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While we are on the subject of rims, can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be done when you put new rims on a 93 z-24? How big can you get them if you get lower profile tires? What kind of adapters do you need? I really hate when the tires stick out,(I think they call them fat boys)It ruins how the car looks.

Thanx!!!
Larry

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
You don't need any adapters. Just make sure the bolt pattern is 5x100
The widest you would want to go would probably be 7-7.5. I think the stock width is 6 or 6.5

What usually makes the wheels stick way out is the offset. Not certain what the offset on the stock wheels is offhand, but I am thinking it is somewhere around 40mm? Don't quote me on that however

·
Registered
39 Posts
i just ordered a set of eagle alloys series 166 rims. they're 15x6.5 but the factory is 15x6. the standard offset on the cavs is about 38mm.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on American Racing Torq rims on Z24?

·
Registered
67 Posts
the AR torq-thrust are really nice rims, they look good on camaros and such, but i don't like the sizes, i think if i was to get new rims i'd get 17", and i think the torqs only come in 14 and 15, i THINK, i'm not sure, but they'r cool non the less, polished alloy is way better than chrome in my opinion.

peace

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm confused about rims...my '89 came with 14" tires, (so I understand)...can I upgrade the tires to 15"? What about the rims? God, I'm so confused...just let me pass this 5.0 and everything will be alright.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
If you want 15" tires, you need 15" rims. The tire size has to be the same as the rim size. Can't put 18" tires on a 13" rim...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I understand that, what I'm asking is whether or not I can put 15" rims and tires on my car, even though it came with 14" tires and rims.

·
Registered
202 Posts
you can put 15's or even 16's on a stock cav. just be sure the bolt pattern is the same.(5X100

3gen wheels will fit an 89 they are 16's and pretty nice.

thinking about a set off of an sunfire GT they look pretty good just have to paint the centercap (it says pontiac on it).

hope this helped.

·
Registered
67 Posts
A new tire place opened near my house, they have awesome grand opening deals on rims and tires, i'm thinking of getting some 17"s for my 89 Z24

peace

·
Registered
527 Posts
Does anyone know if 17's will fit on a 2nd gen. Cavalier. If so how much were the tiers?

·
Registered
527 Posts
if i got 17's what size tire would i need? I know 17 is the last number but what about the first numbers?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Your best bet is to go with 215/40/r17
That will give you a good enough ride and still look LowPro enough to have big rims. I also think your best tire would Toyo or Kuhmo. Nitto and Sumimoto are good also but i would stick to Toyo. They are not as hard as the rest so they can give you better handling by means of traction. Good Luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
what would be the largest size to put on an 86 stock lift cavy that would look good, i think i want msr rims.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts