J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody has a clue on what could cause this, when i press the gas, in park neutral, or drive my rpm first drops a lil then goes up, it drops just a lil; like 200 rpm prolly, but its still wierd and like half a second off my time and such....

what could cause this problem ? a fucked up computer ? cz my car sometimes doesnt start if i dont disconnect the battery for 10 seconds....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
ya my car hesitated like that, and no one could figure it out. ive replaced so many parts on that thing and its still doing it. lemme know when you figure it out :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
same here, I've had the problem forever! heres wat I put on it new:
plugs
wires
map sensor
IAC valve
coil packs
cleaned the throttle body, and plenum
K&N filter
catalytic converter
And still the POS still hesitates! Or drops down in Rpm's like your guy's cars do! If someone figures it out....Please let me know what fixes it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
n0b0dy said:
how much for a new o2 sensor ?
You don't wanna know :roll: Anywhere from $30-$150 per sensor. Someone has also told me that a cloged fuel filter, or even dirty fuel injectors can cause that problem. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to change theese parts to find out if this is the cause or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
n0b0dy said:
so wait so other people got it? ok ummm i replaced the spark plugs and wires, so it cant be that, can it be a weak fuel pump ? what parts did you already check for deamon..
well my car doesnt even start anymore, but here are all the parts that i have changed on the car since ive had it:

clutch assembly
rear main seal
oil pan gasket
brake pads
spark plugs
ignition wires
thermostat
oil pan
oxygen sensor
front exhaust pipe + gasket
tires
throttle body gasket
heater core
valve covers gaskets
pcv valve
muffler
catalytic converter
cat-back pipe
all emergency brake cables
air filter
wiper arms
heater blower motor
drums
shoes
brake hardware
crank angle sensor
fuel pump
fuel filter + 10" line
module + coil packs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Actually, a one-wire Bosch O2 Sensor runs $19.99. I used that and it runs fine now. You can get better ones, but this one does great for normal performance.

Korey :moon:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
wally05 said:
Actually, a one-wire Bosch O2 Sensor runs $19.99. I used that and it runs fine now. You can get better ones, but this one does great for normal performance.

Korey :moon:
O2 sensors are a little bit more than that up here in Canada :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
intmd8r said:
wally05 said:
Actually, a one-wire Bosch O2 Sensor runs $19.99. I used that and it runs fine now. You can get better ones, but this one does great for normal performance.

Korey :moon:
O2 sensors are a little bit more than that up here in Canada :wink:
yup, about 60-70$
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,848 Posts
yeah iwas just gonna say!!! i got my o2 sensor for 20 bucks...........hmmmmm maybe i found a quick way to make cash!!! export 02 sensors to canada :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
soup said:
yeah iwas just gonna say!!! i got my o2 sensor for 20 bucks...........hmmmmm maybe i found a quick way to make cash!!! export 02 sensors to canada :D
even with customs and shipping it would probly cost less :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,848 Posts
i mean whats the worst that could happen right ;) if i get stopped ill just say that im lost and i was looking for michigan or something like that!!!

come on, i can play the stupid tourist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
soup said:
i mean whats the worst that could happen right ;) if i get stopped ill just say that im lost and i was looking for michigan or something like that!!!

come on, i can play the stupid tourist
no problem there, your american, how cant they believe you :D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top