J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
24,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think it's time some extra ground rules get posted up for posting in this forum. I don't plan on being a dick but certain guidelines need to be put in place for a more streamline process.

FOR ALL SELLERS

I'm going to set things up sort of different here. Because we've had some issues with alot of newbies coming on here trying to sell things and others coming on here trying to rip people off. This is going to be the only forum where post counts actually mean something.

1. If you have under 50 post and have only joined the site within the last 3 months. If you want to sell something you Must provide a pic of the object. This rule does not apply to fellow veteran members that have been around but choose not to post whore. Basically if your a newbie we need pics. If you can't get a pic of the actual object your selling via no digicam or anything you obviously have access to the net. find a pic. If it's a net pic you must disclose this information in your post.

2. <SIZE size="150">You must list an asking price</SIZE>. I don't care if you want $10,000 for a hubcap if that's what you want it needs to be listed. Also list if your firm on the price set or flexible. This will alleviate alot of unnecessary post asking.

3. Be as forth coming about the object in question as possible. Pics help sell. List any defect expected or anything out of the ordinary that would help us make up our minds on the object.

4. Be creative. We get tons of the same object for sale on here for obvious reasons. Get creative and actually try to sell your product. Also if you list something and you do not get a response immediately refrain from bumping to the top right away. If I see to much of this happening I might just delete the post. Give it a few days to attract some attention Not everyone visits the site daily so it could take some time.

5. Disclose shipping arrangements as well. Somethings may not be practical to ship. Note if your only looking for local buyers or if international shipping is not practical. Basically anything that helps get said product to the buyer.

6. Consider this a pre-warning. As of right now there's really no checks and balances put into place. And for now I'll keep it that way. But if we get a rash of would be rip off artist Like we've had in the past I will not think twice about installing a credit card needed to sell rule. Same thing as E-bay. Basically if you want to sell something you'll need to contact either me, val, or moon himself and give us a legit phone number street address that can (and will) be verified and a good credit card to ensure your on the up and up about selling...

FOR THE BUYERS

These are guidelines and not rules. But as everyone who buys anything over the Internet it's a Buyer's Beware system. The site is not responsible for you getting ripped off. It's unfortunate when it happens (it just happened to me for $120 so I know the feeling) But it does happen. So the following is a guideline to Buying

1. Ask questions. The more the better. And never be afraid to ask anything and everything. toss out trick questions if you want. Anything to test that the seller is legit and on the up and up

2.Business's can be looked up. If you want to buy something from a business get their phone number their address and contact the better business bureau in their area to confirm they're registered. Any legit business will have zero issue providing you with any information you need.

3. When buying from an individual try to get good contact with them Ask for phone number to actually talk with them The better you know the person your buying from the better chance your not going to get ripped off.

Remember folks in the end it's ultimately your choice to send someone your hard earned money. And I for one am all for a rating. If you have a good experience feel free to say so in that post that you bought from them. That makes the next person buying from them feel better. If you have a bad experience very politely state what happen and why expectations weren't met. (remember the flaming rules still apply in this forum too so no slamming people) If you intentionally rip someone off you will be banned. I know shit happens sometimes but there's a difference between a mix up and a blatant rip off. If you have a problem with a seller or a buyer PM me and I will check into it.

I guess that's it for now. Hopefully this will help streamline things here as we grow as a site. Enjoy.

Jake

· Premium Member
24,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also Note.

When your item has either been sold or you bought what you were looking for I will lock the post to try and keep others from bringing back "dead post" a year down the road.

· Premium Member
24,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Listen Guys re-read rule #2. This is simple here. List some sort of price. I don't care how much haggling goes on after the fact but there has to be a starting point. This isn't Ebay. I know this is hard to comprehend for some but this is a public forum Which means things printed in this forum can very well be leagally binding. Same way if a store fucks up a sale price. If it's printed they have to honor it regardless. Now you come on here and say something moronic like "highest bidder takes it" and someone comes on and says "I bid a dollar" and no other bids happen guess what?..... That's right by law you just lost your item for sale. Grant cha it would be a strech and someone would really have to be a dick to pursue it but the fact remains the possibilty is there. IF you want to auction off your item use Ebay. It's there it's established and it's cheap. If you post here you have to list some sort of price period.

From here on out. Anything not listed with some sort of price will get deleted. IF it persist I'll start handing out warnings and possible bannings for not following the rules.

· Premium Member
24,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<SIZE size="150">DO NOT POST ABOUT ASKING PRICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</SIZE>

if you don't like the price don't post!! if you do I'll give you a warning. It's hard enough to get people to post an asking price. Everyone seems to think this is Ebay or something. I'm sick and tired of this crap. You do not have the right at all to tell someone what to ask for an item. If it dosen't sell that's their problem. if someone buys an item you think is priced to high that's their problem..... Consider this your absoulte FINAL warning. if it keeps up I'll simply start hitting the ban button instead of the warning button. I'm sick of this [email protected]!!!!!

· Premium Member
24,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was forwarded to me by a member on another site. I think it states a lot for what things need to be like so I'm implementing the common sense portions here. Take head it'll save you a lot of hassel and grief when dealing with other members on here

v6z24 Buy/Sell Forum RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Use of the Buy/Sell Forum is limited to members only. Commercial advertising will need to go through Jason.

2. This is for selling parts/product, but please keep posts to a PG-13 nature.

3. When selling an item, you MUST publicly state your asking price and location, or your post will be deleted.

4. No Bidding for items. If you post a link to an E-Bay auction include a price that you will take outright, or the post will be deleted.

5. v6z24.com Buy/Sell Forum are used to buy parts/product. NOT to tell sellers you can get it cheaper somewhere else. You can place a lower offer to the seller, but statements of "being over price" will not be tolerated.

6. After you have sold your item, please notify moderators to close it by hitting the blue card!, Failure to do so may result in no longer being able to use the Buy/Sell Forum.

7. Leaving feedback about a transaction is a good idea as it benefits all members of v6z24.com.

8. The administrators of v6z24.com take no responsibility for the conduct of members on this forum.

9. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you use PayPal when buying parts from private individuals online.

If you place an ad and find later that it has disappeared you can safely assume that you violated one of the above rules.
No notification will be given.

--------------------V6z24 management---------------------------

Again please please take head to the paypal thing. Unfortunately we have a lot of members on here that have no issues ripping others off. Sending them a check or Money order is a real easy way to get ripped off. Paypal is free and it's a solid piece of mind.

· Premium Member
14,377 Posts
I just want to remind everyone that this section isn't something that the mods have all that much control over...

<COLOR color="red"><SIZE size="200">BUYER BEWARE.</SIZE> </COLOR>

If you choose to make a transaction on here, that's your choice. If it goes sour, live & learn.

Thank you, that is all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.