J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you helpful people. Just go my 89 z24 convert back on the road after much frustration and wasted money. Turned out to be a bad coil.
NOW the shop is telling me that ALL the brake lines and fuel lines are rusted and ready to fail.
Tried to find replacement lines with no luck.
I can't be the first person who has had to replace lines.
The shop replaced 2 brake lines but did not want to get into the full replacement project of bending all the lines themselves.
Any suggestions other than the normal sources?
Thanks,
CC3winds

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,643 Posts
Hi

I don't think you can buy new ones anywhere.

Check around for a shop skilled in making new lines. There should be some within a reasonable distance. It might cost a bit though. If you think you are up to it, you can make new ones yourself. You'll need a bender for sure and either a flare tool kit or have that done somewhere. Having just the flares done, probably wouldn't cost much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably end up doing it myself when I have prolonged access to the car. The car is in great shape, except for the lines. Thank you for your advice. Your help is much appreciated. You will be hearing from me when the next problem pops up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts