J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've started the fun (sarcstic) and rather dirty job of removing 18 years of rustproofing and roag grime off my floor. I plan on repainting it all with rust paint and possibly asphalt coating it. Now the problem is that it's taking forver. I tried a pressure washer but that take a ton of water and time plus the car is on 4 jackstands so I cant reach some places. I've tried industrial strength degreaser and Gunk engine brite on it and it's still a bitch to remove. I've now resorted to a scraper and hand held wirebrush which is time consuming and I end up covered in crap. So my question is, is there any sort of product specifically made that can be applied to the crap under the car that will dissolve it and actuall stick to it and not run off in like 2 seconds?? I should add that the car is stripped save for the gas tank and fuel/brake lines (also cobered in crap) so access to most places insn't too bad.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Two methods I use

1. Propane torch with a putty knife.. scrape while heating the blade.
2. Rag soaked with kerosene.. Away from the torch.

Only methods that really work IMO.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Put diesel fuel on it and let it sit for awhile then powerwash it off. My engine bay had a bunch of rust proofing/oil on it and diesel took it off with ease with a powerwasher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.