J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! With this car, 2 years of sorting out problems. My Z got close to 12's (13.07) and the Camaro's trans issues stopped it from getting there (13.5).

I still have a number of things to fix though but now i'm happy with it's track performance finally.

· Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
Nice. I also finally got my 12 this summer... after like 6 years of trying in my car. LOL. I got a 13.06 a few years ago with the old engine, but then it started getting tired and couldn't get it to better that time.

With the new engine I finally got a 12.71 shutting the run down at about 1200' because the cam wouldn't pull past 5600 RPM. New cam is in, but I need to get my new trans together so that I can put my new clutch in... ARG. Hopefully get a better time before the snow flies. :)

Feels great to finally get that 12, and so deep into the 12s, eh? :tup: :D

· Premium Member
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!

I was only at 36 degrees (Locked out HEI), I've seen some guys go up to 40 with the same cam and similar heads. I really wanted to push it but had to get back to town for my son's soccer game.

I need to put a pair of catch cans on the evac system, this engine is far worse than my 3500 was.. the HV oil pump pushes everything up stairs and it's getting sucked out the exhaust. Makes for a fun smoke screen on the highway though. haha

· Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
Unbaffled rocker covers?

I know, next time I go to the track, the boost WILL get increased. ;)

· Premium Member
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Six_Shooter said:
Unbaffled rocker covers?

I know, next time I go to the track, the boost WILL get increased. ;)
they do have baffles but they are shorter covers so they probably aren't doing much. I really want to get some tall sheet metal ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.