J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to put two bucket seats in the bak instead of the bench one? cuz i think i am going to get racing seats during the winter and i would like to move my front seats in the back if it is possible. any know if it can be done? and if it can how much modifyign would have to be done?

·
Registered
104 Posts
i just ripped my seats out today to put new carpet in. it would be difficult to mod a bracket to fit your front seats.. i would just leave the bench one in there.. it will look way cooler.. you would have to make a custom center council for the back then too.. it would be lookin like a minni van

·
Registered
104 Posts
i just ripped my seats out today to put new carpet in. it would be difficult to mod a bracket to fit your front seats.. i would just leave the bench one in there.. it will look way cooler.. you would have to make a custom center council for the back then too.. it would be lookin like a minni van

·
Registered
656 Posts
Its been done before.. Makes your interior look REALLY cool. Like an amusement park ride.

Passengers get the feeling that they're in for some serious joyriding. :wink:

Dave T. - 1987 Cavalier RS/SS Wagon - 384,400 Mi - Long Island, NY
"Will race for food"

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
whitelightning (forget your name) i have a question, when you have the front seats put back is there at least near as much room as with the old bench back seat?
taht sounds and looks cool but if theres no room to sit in em its kinda pointless IMHO.
also could you please im the response cause i dont check the boards much anymore and its kinda hard to find back posts (and remember to look)

Thanks, Chris

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
lol, i should have taken pics for a "How-To".

but for anyone else that's wondering if you take the bottom frame rails off of the seats and set them right on the bottom of the "Hump" the top of the seat is almost exactly the same height as the origional piece that goes there. I just made some simple "L" brackets to bolt the seats down in the front and just straight brackets to bolt them down in the back. but you have to be really carefull because there is about a half inch between the seat bottom and the gas tank. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.