J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:eek: :D
At least im gonna try to sell the mustang. The Cavalier still isn't running, but imma get it fixed so it'll at least run. Still few things that need to be fixed on it, like the transmisson ( I have no 2nd Gear) lol. The reason being for me to try and sell the mustang is because of money flow. Gonna put in the add, "Will give 2000$ to refinance", just to get the damn thing off muh hands lol. Well maybe this'll brighten someones day. haha... if not oh well... imma go home and wash the car, cause its been sittin under a tree for the longest... haha... well later

Willis

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
i think you should keep the cavy, not because this is a cavy site. it is because it will save you money, lower insurance, better gas milage, easy to fix.....and so on, but thats my opinion

· Registered
5,889 Posts
I would think that the stang has less miles, So their maybe less in the way of parts failing on it. The cavie maybe a little light and will help with the fuel economy. You know the cavie will need work to get running. What ever money you get from the sell of the stang will go right in to the other car. Tell the truth it is what ever you can afford. If the stang is paid off keep it.

· Premium Member
10,554 Posts
i'm gonna say the cavy, cause well the stang is a v6, and i think that v6 camaros, stangs, & firebirds are worthless. Don't ever get me started on the firebirds and camaros that came with the 3.4L V6.

· Registered
2,610 Posts
i think you should keep the cavy, b/c for one. you know what youve got in it as far as repairs & performance. & however the stang is newer but if you didnt buy it BRAND new then you dont know how well it was taken care of by the previous owner. on another note. mustangs dont hold their resale value all that well b/c its a top of the ford line for muscle cars & people who are trying to sell them are gonna get that much out of them b/c the buyer knows that stangs are built for speed & abuse & unless your g-pa bought it brand new thans its not worth it. just my $.02 :wink:

· Registered
130 Posts
It all depends. I would never buy a 2002 stang, though. They're ass ugly. I'd wait so I could afford a 2004.5, 2005. Pretty. How much would this mustang be? You should get an older pre '99 and see if you can't find a 4.6 for it. Then you can stroke it to 5.4 and blow it. All in all, there's 1300hp to be had out of a 4.6 for an all out race application, 500hp easy for the street. Not gas efficient, though, and mustangs absolutely suck in snow and rain. The mustang is much more of a sports car than a cavalier, though. RWD, V8 potential, IRS swap possible, huge aftermarket for engine internals... And you get the cool companies making things like Saleen, Steeda, Roush...Roush stangs are nasty. :love:

· Registered
2,364 Posts
The cavy definatly, no one gets excited when they see or hear a mustand pull up. But when you pull up in the cavy they goin to look and think to themselfs that havn't ever seen a cavy like that pimped.

BTW i been passing a 1st gen cavy on the way to class's it looks tight, top is a pastel orange with a off color white on the bottom. Rims and so on, i'm to try to get a pic when i pass him next time :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.