J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i checked the codes and came up with 22,34,42 :( my dad and i noticed my wire loom by the alternator had been tore up the the blade and cut 2 wires in half, a gray one and a green/white(grey) wires. I said ok i got some wire connectors and fixed them, started the car, adjusted the idle to 11-1300 rpms and shes running fine again. Checked my codes again and still got 42 :(. Now i gotta get the Cat Clamps and put it back on she sounds like a truck lol. I also have to buy a new Cat cuz mine was shot, on the inside it was in chunks literally lol. I took her for a drive i was able to hear a chirp in 2nd over the engine but barely. I also cruised in 2nd and floored it and the car jerked to the right cuz i wasnt expecting that much power. Shes running decent for now, tomorrow or the next few days imma go to the yard and strip the 90 Cavi i seen. Anyone need n e thing?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Its good to hear that you got it fixed. I thought it sounded like an electrical problem, but the I didn't expect :eek: I'm surprised it ran at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.