J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several FWD owners in the last year or so always ask me to make a repair kit for the shift and select cables. Seems they have this rubber type push on end that falls apart in time. I can make these but need some cabe end samples. Anyone have some old junk cables? All I need is the very ends. I may be able to make them with just some pictures of the ends and some measurements but one would need to have a dial caliper. I do have the parts here that has the stud.

Thank you
Rodney Dickman
Rodney Dickman's Auto Acc's
Web page: www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax(262) 835-9575

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Click Here

Those are thE bombest bushings. Installed a set in my friends car. When mine needs to be replaced I am fo sho getting those.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
phenolic said:
Click Here

Those are thE bombest bushings. Installed a set in my friends car. When mine needs to be replaced I am fo sho getting those.
Except...... Rodney is a great guy who specializes in GM parts, and he's willing to put something together for us, which, in todays age is very rare for someone to do something for older J body owners, so I don't think its very wise to tell us all you're not even interested.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Never did I say once he was not a great guy. I never delt with the guy to make such a judgment. I just figured why waste the time to reinvent the part when it is already available.

Now on to making something we might not actually have... do we have a true rear wheel disk conversion at an affordable price? hint hint

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
and since he's got the shifter rebuild kits, its a no-brainer :wink:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
those only work for the 92+ cables.. the 91 and older have a plastic clip that snaps on.. :)
They also don't work on the older ball style cables, (like I am forced to run right now, from an '88), cause GM wants 400+ freaking dollars EACH for shift cables.

If anything we need complete cables for purchase. Something that can site close to a header and last.

:p

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
phenolic said:
Never did I say once he was not a great guy. I never delt with the guy to make such a judgment. I just figured why waste the time to reinvent the part when it is already available.

Now on to making something we might not actually have... do we have a true rear wheel disk conversion at an affordable price? hint hint
Yup. Check out the Suspension FAQ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.