J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The "U" shaped pin in the front of the knob pulls out, then all you do is pull the knob off of the base. If you want to put it back in, squeeze the U-shaped pin so that the pegs are paralell (kinda hard, it took me 15 min) and slip it back in place.
What kind of knob are you getting to replace it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just had a question concerning replacing the shift knob also. I have a 3-speed automatic in a '93 cavalier. Is this the same procedure, and where would I find a replacement shifter knob? Thanx.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Its the same removal procedure for the automatic, but I am not sure if an aftermarket t-bar will work on it or not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a friend with a Z26(berreta) with an aftermarket auto shifter knob, so it might fit a Z24.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a red and black leather shift knob from JCwhitney, and put it on. It's SWEET! I'll have new pics soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went to Pep Boys and got a Carbon Fiber T-bar, the one with the three hex head screws on the botom. It was to big on the shaft and wiggled everywhere so I took it off, and wraped electrical tape around the shaft. I just went till I barley fit the handle over the tape and then just hit it on with my fist and screwed the screws down. Just make sure the handle works right before you tighten. If it doesn't, hit it down further and then tighten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts