J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Z24 conv. I came out to find the battery dead. Chased down a short and it appears to be coming from the power door locks based on the 30 amp fuse. Can't be the rear defrost since the car doesn't gave one (plastic window). Anybody have this happen to them? I figured I'd put it out there before I start opening up the door panels. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,678 Posts
Now this is just an idea. I don't know if this could even be possible
It might be the Convenience Center is sending a constant signal to the actuator upon the Auto Unlock request. If this could cause the actuator to remain energized, it might simply hold position remaining silent, until it drains the battery to the point it no longer has the power to remain engaged.

You might be able to check this at the CC pin. I don't know which one it is though. I think there are some pin outs posted in one of the header links. Not sure if the CC is one of them though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll have to look into that. I pulled the 30 amp fuse and will make sure the battery stayed charged overnight.

I remember that on the day I parked the car the passenger door did not open with the driver's power lock button. I didn't give it a second thought until I went to use the car yesterday. Stone dead. Figured it was just the battery until I went to connect the new battery and saw it was sparking. Pulled all of the fuses and started putting them back one by one. ACC one actually sparks when I try to re-install it. Manual says that power goes to the lock actuators and rear defrost.

I did try cycling the door locks manually and I opened and closed the doors in case it was just stuck - no luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.