J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that things really do move in cycles. Before I owned my z24 I bought a 83 celebrity as a beater for $150. Floorboard rotted out, exhaust leaked, alternator went, carb. went, body needs work, had ghetto wiring (sound familar? :lol: ), no radio and needed wheel and suspension work! Yes it was a true ghetto cruiser. I sold it to my friend for $50. He fixed it up really nice and sold it for $50 and got 2 trucks (one with a 4 speed ). Anyway his friend let his son drive it. The son kept reving it in neutral and then slaming it into drive (i dont know what thats called :oops: ) and fucked up the tranny. Its back at my friends house. The owner doesnt wanna pay for the work and my friend doesnt have the time. He said he has to get rid if it . He wants $300 for it. This includes an extra engine and tranny. i really liked this celebrity when i had it and i really think it wilkl be a great winter car. Im sure hell work with me ($20 here , $20 there till cash starts flowing again) My brother should be getting the gc by winter ( I hope!!!!) What should I do ? Im really leaning towards getting it since everything else is fixed and it just needs a tranny which is included.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
if i found out m kid was nuetral dropping his car i'd make him pay to get it replaced. :evil:

anyways, i think youshould do it. soudns like a good deal.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn kid fucked up his daddys car by doing something stupid.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
haha. better yet would be to ground the kid until he he figured out to get the new tranny put by himself :lol:

man i'm so cruel.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i can hear my phone ringing already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thats not fair!!!1 I wouldnt call ya ... <SIZE size="59">much</SIZE>

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my old Celebrity got sold!!!! Only took 36 freaking hours and it was sold :( The good news is my friend has a Merceds Benz that just had an engine put in . Its a 5 speed, and just needs some wiring work done and the lower dashboard put back together. Its a 84 ( 1 more year and its a classic! :)) Im thinking about getting it. Its the same price $300. Ill put a downpayment on it if I think its a good deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.