J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you were in my situation?? A friend of mine came up to me the other day and asked me if i wanted to trade cars with him. He's got a white 97 sunfire coupe. it's got 97,000 miles, auto and it's a 2.2. I'm thinking that i might do it cause it's 5 years newer than my car, with no problems, and it has more than my car does. It's got power windows, a/c... both of which i do not have. The only downfa;;s o the car is it's a auto and a 2.2. But i've been searching and i found some 2.4's that i could drop in there if i needed too. There is no rust on the car and there is only one ding. oh yeah.. there is no sunroof in it either... but that leaves room for more options..lol It's got black interior which is mint as well. I'll post some pics once i get them. The only problem with the car is it needs a new valve cover gasket.. which is common. I have another 2.2 engine that i could take parts from and clean and paint em up to make it look nice. So what do you think??? should i do it??? would you?? I have the 88 z24 still... so i can always fix that up too. I just want a newer car with better gas mileage. and less problems.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i would be afraid of that 97,000 miles!!!! Tranny could be going, or there could also be problems just starting that havent really surfaced yet!! and remember, there is a reason he wants to trade ;) you just have to find out why!!!!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i still have the other z24.... plus i'd be stripping this one of the rims, stereo, fog lights.. but i'd leave the exhaust on.. cause i can get another one cheap.. I can always get another phase II z for a lot less than a sunfire. i dunno yet though.. it's a hard decision

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought about that... but when i drove it, she shifted just like my step mom's sunfire... really nice... nowhere near the power i have.... but there are some things that need to be sacrificed. He doesn't know anything about cars... he just likes the looks of mine better than his. see.. my car has problems that keep arising. The starter seems as though it's going.... sometimes it doesn't like to go into reverse right off... it still needs to have the doughnut gasket put in.... but my dad frigged that up, up at the head pipe. plus inside my engine bay is starting to rust. If the tranny did end up going... it's not too bad.. it'd be easy and cheap to get another tranny and have it put in... but it's an idea.....

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
Just get a Civic... ;-)

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
how many miles are on your car. his car is 6 years old and has over 16,000 a year; that is alot :-? If you think it is a good deal I guess go for it. You will save money on gas. I think your car looks really nice either way good luck :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.